Interviewing with Team Leaders and Brokers
Watch this discussion around the Do's and Don'ts of interviewing.
The Number 1 Mistake Agents Make
When Interviewing with Team Leaders and Brokers
- This interview isn’t about you. It’s about them. Make it about them.
- Peacock Approach - You need to stand out. Put yourself in the shoes of the Team Leader or Broker Owner
- They see people like you all day long
- Don’t talk about yourself
- Talk about how you think you can benefit the company
Create A Strong First First Impression
- Send your resume ahead of time and copy the secretary
- Social Media Links
- 2 minute or less (or less!) video
The Secrets of a First Impression
- Greet your first contact with energy and enthusiasm
- Look the part
- Pay attention to your body language and make eye contact
- Be 10 minutes early
Do Your Homework - this shows you care
- Demonstrate that you’ve done some research on the company you’re looking to join
- Maybe you know someone who works there
- Pay a compliment
- Recognize community services
Ask Questions - this will calm the nerves
- Have a list of specific questions and write them down
- Don’t ask what the splits are...not yet
- What’s the company culture like?
- What are your expectations for me as an agent in your company?
- What training does your company provide?
Follow Up - very few will
- Send a Thank You Handwritten card
- No one else will
- Go Above & Beyond
- Small donation to company charity